HGK Consulting CC is a consulting engineering practice specialising in structural engineering. It was established in March 2006 by Erhard Kruger, who at the time, had twenty-six years experience in the field of structural engineering.
The practice strives to provide innovative solutions to structural engineering problems. It is dedicated to deliver work of superior quality and meeting clients’ needs through:
- the use of state of the art software such as Strand7 Finite Element Analysis and the latest technology
- personal involvement of the member in all projects from start to completion
- commitment to deadlines and budgets
- economical, practical design without compromising structural integrity
- attention to detail.
Areas of expertise are:
- design of water-retaining structures, such as reservoirs, water towers, valve chambers, manholes and water and waste water treatment works
- design of buildings in reinforced concrete, post-tensioned concrete and structural steelwork
- design of sports stadia
- design of industrial and mining structures
- rehabilitation of reservoirs and other water-retaining structures
- bridges and culverts
- structural investigations, such as the investigation of and advice on cracking in water-retaining structures and buildings, leakage problems in water-retaining structures, visual audits of structures to identify defects with the aim of rehabilitation, failure analysis of structures, etc.
- structural design reviews of buildings and civil structures
- engineering management of projects
- expert witness testimony in court cases
- concrete rehabilitation and remedial work to buildings and civil structures.